... the applications are beta, and are used by beta people.
I can go on for an eternity about the failures of Vista, the pointlessly dated vulgar argot of Chrome's error messages, and Microsoft's current, blatant disregard for UI design principles. But the thing that really annoys me these days is twitter. It's a horridly evil tool, promoting nothing but shallow thoughts, poorly organized marketing campaigns, and the juvenile ADD pop culture that is America today. On top of that, the concept is executed by some of the worst excuses of release candidate material I've ever seen -- and I've been known to release code into production after multiple sleepless nights, inebriation, and lack of quality assurance.
Delete your servers and create something useful, already.
Wed, Feb. 18th, 2009, 07:25 am
What Does Your Music Library Say About You??
1. Put Your iPod (or other MP3 player/music library) on Shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write down the name of the song no matter how silly it sounds
4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name.
1. What do your friends think of you?
VNV Nation -- Genesis
2. If someone says, “Is this okay?” You say?
The Toy Dolls -- Nelly the Elephant
3. How would you describe yourself?
Frederic Chopin -- Polonaise A Flat Major, Op ??? (Tag got truncated somehow)
4. What do you like in a guy/girl?
Orgy -- All the Same
5. How do you feel today?
Mesh -- Confined
6. What is your life’s purpose?
The Benny Goodman Quartet -- The Shiek of Araby
7. What is your motto?
Leæther Strip -- Murder
8. What do you think about very often?
The Dubliners -- The Wild Rover
9. What is 2 + 2?
The Smashing Pumpkins -- Rocket
10. What do you think of your best friend?
Tori Amos -- Caught a Light Sneeze
11. What do you think of the person you like?
Atmosphere -- 4:30 AM
12. What is your life story?
Bob Dylan -- Simple Twist of Fate
13. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Mesh -- So Important
14. What do you think of when you see the person you like?
Goethes Erben -- Vermisster Traum
15. What will (did) you dance to at your wedding?
The Meteors -- The Napoleon Solo
16. What will they play at your funeral?
Carl Cox -- (Track 2, Live at the Cocoon Club)
17. What is your hobby/interest?
Nine Inch Nails -- Terrible Lie
18. What is your biggest fear?
The 69 Eyes -- Dance d' Amour
19. What is your biggest secret?
Corvus Corax -- Basileus
20. What do you think of your friends?
Nine Inch Nails -- That's What I Get (Live)
21. What will you post this as?
Murder City Devils -- Waltz
Wed, Jan. 28th, 2009, 07:46 am
I'm somewhat amused that all the ad banners on the sites I frequent have turned into reminders of what I do for a living.
No more do I see "Download WoW" or "Find books on X at Amazon" ...
Now it's "Shop New Era Caps" or "Free Shipping on Babyphat"
Two things I don't normally deal with. Baseball caps and women's clothing.
- 19. How do I obtain information about Donna Karan International for my school project?
- Please submit detailed request to the following address:
Donna Karan International 240 W. 40th St. New York, NY 10018 Attn: Vice President Corporate Marketing
Are you fucking serious? Your VP of Marketing is in charge of mailing out info packets to 10th graders for their school work? What the hell sort of detailed request are they expecting for a school project?
Thu, Jul. 3rd, 2008, 07:43 am
Wed, Jun. 25th, 2008, 08:39 pm
You know what I miss most? The Dreams.
Thu, Jun. 19th, 2008, 11:00 pm
Well check that shit out -- the paparazzi found us
Wed, Jun. 11th, 2008, 04:24 pm
I think the designers at JudithLeiber are like me: dreaming up the most amusingly dumb products imaginable, just to see who buys it.
No shit -- it's a $6,000 Purse made to look like Asparagus.
I feel horrible about leaving the dog, because I fear she'll die before I see her next. If only I had the money, I'd live in a wonderfully large speck of land, and take her with me for the rest of her golden years.
Fri, Jun. 6th, 2008, 08:06 am
Replacement Phone Activated.
Phone numbers lost.